"There are a number of women-owned directories out there - we say join them all! Most are free to list - but what sets DirectHERy apart? We may be biased, but we think quite a bit!"
DirectHERy.com started as a need to easily find a woman-owned business no matter where we were in the country. However, once we talked to business owners and consumers, we found out that it needed to be much more in order to best serve everyone. Not everything stuck, we heard valuable feedback about needs that we hadn't thought of - no, we won't do ratings... yes, we will offer a comprehensive calendar of events for women in their communities - and every day we continue to improve on what DirectHERy has to offer. We have some super exciting options to bring to our business owners and consumers in the near future, but in the meantime, here is what sets us apart:
- DirectHERy is an easily identifiable company. Our name says it all!
- We intentionally do not have a rating system. We’re experts at helping you find and support woman-owned businesses, but DirectHERy doesn’t include ratings or reviews. We are ratings-ed out. This website was designed in the spirit of building a platform for woman-owned businesses. Ratings do not feel like they align with that vision.
- Our listings are free and we made the process extremely convenient. We want any and every woman-owned business, no matter how big or small, in any city and in any category, to get listed. For businesses wanting more exposure, we offer a low-cost MembHERship.
- One of the things we love most is helping to cultivate relationships between business owners. We want business owners to meet each other in a fun, relaxing environment so we host monthly POP-INs at local woman-owned businesses, specifically for other business owners. Because business owners are also consumers, it's also a great way to find woman-owned business for anything we may need! Looking for a website developer or a dentist? Great, find one on DirectHERy.com.
- We have created a space that is approachable for all consumers. By women, for everyone.
- DirectHERy partners with organizations that provide education and resources for female entrepreneurs.
- DirectHERy offers an AmbassadHER program for consumers (and business owners) to get involved in their community. We can't be everywhere at once, so our AmbassadHERs are our eyes and ears on the ground... and fun swag is included!
- Bi-weekly NewsletterHERs - one written specifically for our listed businesses and one written specifically for consumers - we understand the need to provide applicable, important information (and fun stuff, too) for each individual group.
- A detailed CalendHER of events and happenings for women (coming soon), in communities nationwide.
- We live by the mantra 'when we support woman-owned businesses, we all rise.' It's for real, and it's here to stay.